Google
Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny: Eight Is Enough...Wives, That Is

Is this where I put in key words such as sex, lesbians, vampires, Christopher Lloyd and others things to which this blog do not pertain, but by putting them here, I may get hits from all the Christoper Lloyd lesbian vampire fans (and you know who you are)? This is the primarily humorous and occasionally rambling writings of Leon Tchaikovsky, humor writer. Enjoy.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Eight Is Enough...Wives, That Is

I saw Mickey Rooney and his lovely wife Jan today. They have been married over 35 years, which is fantastic especially for Hollywood standards. Of course, this is Mickey’s eighth wife. So, of course his marriage would last so long: he’s hard more practice than anyone at it.

Some July 4 political commentary:

It is sad to see politicians politicize our American flag by wrapping themselves around the flag and stating there should be a Constitutional amendment to ban burning the flag. Since there have been very few instances where anyone has burned the flag, I dislike politicians who seek grandeur gallantly proclaiming a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. Now, I am against burning the flag, and I would be among those protesting should anyone state they are going to burn the American flag. Still, the person who burns the flag has a right to free expression, and here is why. I salute Chinese dissidents who openly oppose their country. I would cheer seeing Chinese dissidents burning the Chinese flag, or Cuban dissidents burning the Cuban flag, or Iranian dissidents burning the Iranian flag. Yet, I can not be a hypocrite and state I support such actions and then oppose anyone from every doing the same in my country. We need to lead by example.

What is really needed is a law banning politicians from using the flag in political advertisements. This is a real problem where the flag is abused. Yet, I believe you will hear few politicians call for action in these situations where a law is actually needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
Google
Google
Google
Listed on BlogShares