Google
Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny: There No's No Crying in Baseball...Except From Wives

Is this where I put in key words such as sex, lesbians, vampires, Christopher Lloyd and others things to which this blog do not pertain, but by putting them here, I may get hits from all the Christoper Lloyd lesbian vampire fans (and you know who you are)? This is the primarily humorous and occasionally rambling writings of Leon Tchaikovsky, humor writer. Enjoy.

Friday, July 01, 2005

There No's No Crying in Baseball...Except From Wives

I attended a professional baseball game where I had the interesting experience of sitting behind the starting pitcher’s pregnant wife. I know this because the proud wife made a point of yelling out, while her husband was throwing his warm-up pitches, “that’s my husband, that’s my husband.” Unfortunately, her excited yells were silenced early in the first inning as her husband got shelled mercilessly, yielding six earned runs. The woman then became embarrassed, and turned to everyone and issued a correction; “I do not know this man, I do not know this man.” The pitcher continued giving up hits and making wild pitches. I fear her shouts contributed to his bad outing. For instance, what starting pitcher can concentrate on his game when his wife then starts shouting out “that’s it, we’re getting divorced.” Further, I don’t think it was helpful to the pitcher when she shouted “this baby isn’t yours. You hear me? This is your brother’s baby.” Behind every successful man, there’s a woman. And behind every failure, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
Google
Google
Google
Listed on BlogShares