Google
Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny: I Bombed in Bagdad

Is this where I put in key words such as sex, lesbians, vampires, Christopher Lloyd and others things to which this blog do not pertain, but by putting them here, I may get hits from all the Christoper Lloyd lesbian vampire fans (and you know who you are)? This is the primarily humorous and occasionally rambling writings of Leon Tchaikovsky, humor writer. Enjoy.

Monday, March 28, 2005

I Bombed in Bagdad

Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny

I overheard about an Easter egg hunt where, inside the eggs, children found dental floss, toothpaste, and shampoo. Therein lies the innocence of youth: they’re too young to know they’re being shortchanged.

Children, though, eat too much candy. They eat too much fat. Obesity is becoming a major concern. A few decades ago, it was rare to see 300 pound football players in the NFL. It is now commonplace to see 300 pound players in high school football. Today, players pile on top of the pigskin to eat it.

If you’re poor, it is becoming more difficult to get health care. George Bush as Governor and now as President has been seeing to that. Of course, I realized, if you’re poor and need health care, announce you’re in a coma, and then Bush will do everything he can to keep you alive.

There was an interesting news item about life in Iraq where Iraqis are having difficulty adjusting to their old traditions on ethnic jokes. It used to be commonplace to make fun of Kurds and Sunnis, but now, it no longer is “politically correct” to do so, mostly because they're armed and they don't like being dissed. So, to help break the ice, let me, as an American, tell some Iraqi ethnic jokes (I can get away with us because my country has the atomic bomb so you Iraqis have to laugh at everything I say):

How many Kurds does it take to change a light bulb?
None. There hasn’t been electricity here for two years.

A Kurd and a Sunni walk into a bar. The bartender says “I can’t serve you two.” They ask, why, is it because we are a Kurd and a Sunni? The bartender answers “No, because our religion prohibits alcohol.”

You do realize, in Iraq, that all “knock, knock” jokes are the same:
“Knock, knock”.
“Take cover!!”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess all priest, minister, and rabbi jokes from now on should include an iman.

5:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I tried your Iraqi jokes in a mixed audience. Everyone just exploded!

6:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
Google
Google
Google
Listed on BlogShares