Google
Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny: Bill Murray, Crime, and Poop, What Could Be Funnier?

Is this where I put in key words such as sex, lesbians, vampires, Christopher Lloyd and others things to which this blog do not pertain, but by putting them here, I may get hits from all the Christoper Lloyd lesbian vampire fans (and you know who you are)? This is the primarily humorous and occasionally rambling writings of Leon Tchaikovsky, humor writer. Enjoy.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Bill Murray, Crime, and Poop, What Could Be Funnier?

Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny

The worst air flight I was ever on was the time I was sitting next to what appeared to be a grandfather and a baby. A horrible smell was emanating from their direction from the beginning of the flight through the duration. What really bothered me was right after the smell began, I overheard the grandfather say to the baby “go ahead, poop your pants right when I can’t change them. Well, two can play that game.”

Like everyone else who has watched television and movies, I know the Miranda warning by heart. But I have to confess, I never quite understood the part where “anything you say CAN AND WILL BE HELD AGAINST YOU.” Is that phrased correctly? You “can and will” use anything said? If an arrestee yells out “watch out for that person in the crosswalk”, the police not only can but WILL use that against the person? How?

I know this has already been mentioned in the Gene Weingarten page, but I will repeat it here. I was with Bill Murray once years ago at a baseball game, and I tell you, Bill Murray is the nicest guy. A fan he never met came up to him and begged him to help her. She really, really wanted to be an actress, and wanted to know if Bill Murray could help her. Most celebrities would either kindly say there is nothing they could do, and a few celebrities would have been rude or ignored the person. Yet, Bill Murray took out a card and wrote down a name and a phone number and told here to call this person, tell this person Bill Murray told her to call, and that this person would be able to help her.

Bill Murray gave her the phone number of a psychiatrist.

Now how many celebrities take the time to care that much?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Murray is great. "Lost in Translation" was super.

6:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Murray is great. "Lost in Translation" was super.

Wait, someone already said that. This is, as if, I am reliving the same day, over and over again, like some movie about a town in Pennsylvania...

6:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Murray is great. "Lost in Translation" was super.

Wait, someone already said that. This is, as if, I am reliving the same day, over and over again, like some movie about a town in Pennsylvania...

Also, "Stripes" was pretty funny.

7:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Murray is great. "Lost in Translation" was super.

Wait, someone already said that. This is, as if, I am reliving the same day, over and over again, like some movie about a town in Pennsylvania...

And wasn't "Ghostbusters" a classic?

11:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you already say that?

2:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
Google
Google
Google
Listed on BlogShares