Google
Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny: Worst Poetry of the 21st Century: Early Nominees

Is this where I put in key words such as sex, lesbians, vampires, Christopher Lloyd and others things to which this blog do not pertain, but by putting them here, I may get hits from all the Christoper Lloyd lesbian vampire fans (and you know who you are)? This is the primarily humorous and occasionally rambling writings of Leon Tchaikovsky, humor writer. Enjoy.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Worst Poetry of the 21st Century: Early Nominees

FOR YOU

Words closed, long hidden in this book
Sleeping with nothing to do.
Written, urging someone to look
This poetry is for you.

HOPE

Life passes through as a fading melody,
Straining to hear notes bound to reach me.
Whispers of darkness surround.
I turn on the light.
Hope illuminates the ground
Showing what is right.

GOING NOWHERE

A headless bird flew above
Flying strong yet going nowhere.
A head is sought for the dove
For tranquility everywhere.

REFUGEE

Run, refugee, run
With nowhere to go.
The danger’s begun
Just escape your foe.

PRAYER, OH LORD.

Yo Big Guy, the Main Cat,
We give you our respect.
Your digs are all so phat,
Your word we do inspect,
Whether uptown or downtown
We appreciate the bread.
Please do not turn us down,
We’ll help others get ahead.
All homies will avoid the bad,
And keep others from getting sad.
We are all your fan,
Cause you are The Man,

ALWAYS THERE

When I depart
Search nowhere.
Inside your heart
I’ll be there.

DICK AND JANE

See Ricardo.
See Jannelle.
See Ricardo’s computer programs run.
See Jannelle’s computer programs run.
Run, programs, run.

BELONG

I went outside
But the outsiders told me
You don’t belong here
Go back to where you belong
Go back to your people.

I went back to my people
But they told me I’d been outside
You don’t belong here
Go back to where you belong
Go back outside.

Everyone belongs somewhere
But I belong nowhere.

REFLECTIONS ON A MUDDY POND

Reflections
On a muddy pond.
Is it the pond that is murky
Or the image this is dirty?

ME

Touch me,
Touch me like a song.
Feel me,
Feel me like a painting,
Love me,
Love me like a dream.

HAIKU

Haiku poetry
Five syllables in two lines
Gives it symmetry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
Google
Google
Google
Listed on BlogShares