Google
Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny: The Inside Secret Truth About Me and George Harrison

Is this where I put in key words such as sex, lesbians, vampires, Christopher Lloyd and others things to which this blog do not pertain, but by putting them here, I may get hits from all the Christoper Lloyd lesbian vampire fans (and you know who you are)? This is the primarily humorous and occasionally rambling writings of Leon Tchaikovsky, humor writer. Enjoy.

Friday, April 29, 2005

The Inside Secret Truth About Me and George Harrison

I may have once met George Harrison. I recall being in Columbus Circle once organizing in my head how to accomplish several objectives that involved going in different directions. As I kept deciding upon, and then changing my mind, as to which path that would best meet all my goals within time constraints, I kept walking and spinning around in different directions in Columbus Circle. I recall a gentleman sitting on a park bench stated to me, “You look lost.” I replied, “It’s not that I’m lost, it’s that I don’t know where I’m going,” The gentleman on the park bench chuckled and responded “true, you have to know where you're going before you can become lost".

After finally deciding upon a course of action, I ran down the subway entrance and ran for an oncoming subway. As I entered the subway door, a younger gentleman ran after me shouting “what did he say to you? What did he say to you?” Realizing he was talking to me, I thought I had run across another one of the eccentric Manhattan inhabitants. The man yelled “that was George Harrison. What did he say to you?” I thought the man daft and rode off in my subway. Particularly, wouldn’t it have been easier to ask a man on a park bench what he had said than to follow me down the subway entrance?

I’d like to think it was George Harrison I even briefly spoke with. Yet, knowing the absurdities that can be found everywhere, not just in Manhattan, I knew the incomprehensibleness of a stranger wanting thinking I had somehow exchanged some comments with one of our time’s great poets struck me as too preposterous to believe that man actually was George Harrison.

Recently, I saw a book. It has a photograph of George Harrison in his later years, sitting on a park bench: in Columbus Circle.

The man in the photograph looked like the gentleman with whom I had spoken.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it was me, or maybe it wasn't.

Jai Raj

7:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although, since we're all part of a connected whole, even it it wasn't me, it was me.

Jai Raj

7:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."

George Harrison

May you inspired him.

2:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
Google
Google
Google
Listed on BlogShares