Google
Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny: A Blog Ending with an Aristocrats Joke

Is this where I put in key words such as sex, lesbians, vampires, Christopher Lloyd and others things to which this blog do not pertain, but by putting them here, I may get hits from all the Christoper Lloyd lesbian vampire fans (and you know who you are)? This is the primarily humorous and occasionally rambling writings of Leon Tchaikovsky, humor writer. Enjoy.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A Blog Ending with an Aristocrats Joke

Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny

A while back, an old college friend died. Her sister contacted me and asked if I would notify her college friends of her passing. While we all had not kept in contact much over the years, I obtained mailing addresses and emails of the people I knew that knew her and wrote them of her passing. In addition, I found a few addresses of people I hadn’t heard from in years and wrote them to say hello. Guess how many people responded back?

Not a one.

I don’t even know what that means as, obviously, no one has then contacted me to tell me why they did not care to respond. I guess we have all been away from each other too long. Maybe it wasn’t important enough to anyone to respond. It reminds of something I once said when I was in college: sometimes I feel like I’m a bit player in my own life. Others had the more dramatic lives, and my role seemed to be that of keeping things as steady as possible.

In reading through the information about the people I have known through my life, I have noted some interesting things. The radical feminist lesbian is now married and a corporate attorney. Her lesbian girlfriends are married with children. The woman who once told me she would never marry is, of course, married. Even years later, it still bothers me that she got me to lend money to a friend who then turned around and destroyed our relationship. It is not the money at all that hurts: it is the destroyed relationship that is sad. Fortunately, it seems most made their career goals. Those who wanted to become doctors are now doctors, and one I noticed was rated in a magazine as one of the top doctors in Philadelphia, and all those who wanted to become lawyers are now lawyers.

Maybe life is all meant as it is meant to be.

Except, of course, for those who have died.

Another thing I find fascination is the people from my elementary school have a group web site. They keep in far better touch with each other than do people from my high school and from my college. Is it a Southern hospitality thing that people in Kentucky are more apt to keep up with each other than are people from Connecticut or Pennsylvania? Or do we all miss the innocence of youth more than the innocence, or lack thereof, of puberty and young adulthood?

Enough about the past. The past seems to want to be forgotten, anyway.

Which is one thing I like about Los Angeles. Everyone is so friendly there. Granted, all that friendliness is fake. But better fake friendliness than real rudeness?

Of course, not everyone in southern California is joyful. Sometimes it is not the song but also the singer that matters. “Beautiful Boy”, John Lennon’s song for his son, is a moving song, especially coming from what would become a deceased father. “Beautiful Boy”, if ever sung by Michael Jackson, would then just become creepy.

Paul McCartney, whose musical writings are owned by Michael Jackson, will perform at the Super Bowl. Are we prepared for any wardrobe malfunctions? The Eagles are in the Super Bowl due to, again, my intern wearing her Donovan McNabb shirt during the Eagles game with the Falcons.

Anyone know the Aristocrats joke? I understand C-SPAN wishes to broadcast Bush and his Cabinet having a meeting. The show would be called “The Aristocrats.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the aristocrats joke?

1:54 PM

 
Blogger Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny said...

The aritocrats joke has many variations. The basic structure of the aristocrat joke is a man goes to a talent agent and says he has a family act. The agent says he wishes to see them audition. The family auditions by engaging in the most depraved acts one can describe. This is usually the meat (no pun intended) of the joke and the variety in how these acts are described are essentially the joke. The agent then asks "what do you call your act?" The father then responds with the punchline "we're called "he Aristocrats."

There is a renewal in this old joke in that there is a film in this year's Sundance festival which consists of various comedians telling the aristocrats joke. I have not seen the movie, but the reviews are that Gilbert Godfrey has a version that is hysterical. The reviews also note that much of the audience walks out of the movie. So, I guess it is safe to say that reactions to the movie are mixed.

6:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought The Aristocrats was a Disney movie.

12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
Google
Google
Google
Listed on BlogShares