Google
Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny: Please Don't Slip Me a Mickey

Is this where I put in key words such as sex, lesbians, vampires, Christopher Lloyd and others things to which this blog do not pertain, but by putting them here, I may get hits from all the Christoper Lloyd lesbian vampire fans (and you know who you are)? This is the primarily humorous and occasionally rambling writings of Leon Tchaikovsky, humor writer. Enjoy.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Please Don't Slip Me a Mickey

There is something about staying in hotels in California that bothers me: the wake-up calls are recordings. On the East Coast, a live, human being, paid wages, has the job of picking up a telephone, dialing your room, and telling you to wake up. In Philadelphia, they even offer to come up and drag you out of bed (of course, that might have been when my credit card had expired).
At Disneyland, I thought it was cute when you pick up the phone and you hear a high pitched voice proclaiming "woo hoo, this is Mickey, time to get up." Of course, it was a little more disturbing at Neverland to hear a high pitched "woo hoo, this is Michey, time to get up."
In Los Angeles, they pay someone to dial your room phone and then play a recorded message telling you to awaken. What bothered me was the voice had a British accent. I'm in LA, not London. I kind of expected someone more along the lines of "yo, dude, why don't you get crash and sleep for a few more hours?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
Google
Google
Google
Listed on BlogShares