Google
Tchaikovsky Sounds Funny: Bring Back the Babe's Curse

Is this where I put in key words such as sex, lesbians, vampires, Christopher Lloyd and others things to which this blog do not pertain, but by putting them here, I may get hits from all the Christoper Lloyd lesbian vampire fans (and you know who you are)? This is the primarily humorous and occasionally rambling writings of Leon Tchaikovsky, humor writer. Enjoy.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Bring Back the Babe's Curse

I do not believe in curses. I believe sporting events are determined by ability and desire. To claim the Red Sox won baseball's World Championship this year because a curse has been liften diminishes the great athletic ability and determination of the fine Red Sox players.

Yet, I have been told that baseball players are among the most superstitious of people, and curses are fine, even if they don't exist. An old friend of mine, Trish Karter, is among the people credited with breaking the Red Sox by baking "Break the Curse" cookies. I gave one of the cookies to a friend who is a Red Sox fan. The day after the Red Sox won, I emailed him "You ate the cookie, didn't you?" He replied "Wrapper and all."

I now think it would be fun to bring the curse back. Why? Because it would be fun. If people have ideas on how to bring the curse back, please post them here in the reply section.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Trish Karter a die hard Red Sox fan or a true capitalist? Tell her to bake "Break the Curse" cookies. She'd make a fortune in New York City alone.

5:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is time for a revival of "No No Nanette". Now, how can we get financing for this revival? I think the Red Sox owners should invest in the play and sell Pedro Martinez to the Yankees to get the cash.

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Google
Google
Google
Google
Listed on BlogShares